Friday, November 28, 2014

Thing #20

Like any red-blooded American, I love YouTube! I am a big stand up comedy fan, so I enjoy watching and listening to my favorite comics.  I also listen to my favorite songs and create playlists without having to purchase music. If I do this on my phone then I most definitely have to make sure I am connected to WiFi, because I have more than once been charged for going over my data. ;)
I've seen firsthand the frustrations teachers can have with YouTube regarding the firewall most school systems have on the computers.  If they are able to access YouTube they have to do their best to bypass the inappropriate ads.  Thank goodness for TeacherTube! Not only is it appropriate for schools (obviously) What personally drives me crazy about YouTube is that is appears that most people are only trying to get their 15 minutes of fame by making a video that can possibly go viral or becoming the next famous pop star (a la Justin Bieber) rather than posting quality videos for the sake of sharing them with the public. Although I am fully appreciative of touching videos posted on YouTube that have gone viral.  This one above is of a woman whose mother is suffering from Alzheimer's and she catches on video a moment when her mother recognizes her.  Try to watch it and not tear up.

No comments:

Post a Comment