Monday, December 1, 2014

Thing #24

Wow, it's the end! Learning about Web 2.0 and the many tools available to educators has been very enlightening! My favorite tools include Animoto, various social networks, GrammarBase, Google Drive, Google Scholar, YouTube, and the PDF and file converter. I can see myself using them in my classroom for actual lessons rather than simply for fun and classroom decor. Not saying lessons can't be fun, but you know what I mean. :) Keeping this blog has made me realize how much technology has taken over the education field. I'm not saying it's a bad thing but we are far beyond blackboards, dry erase boards, and that old school overhead projector machines (remembering the ink getting all over my hand as a lefty I will not miss those!). As far as the sites where students would need their own log-ins such as Edmodo, I hope to keep those at a minimum. Someone I know whose daughter is in middle school has NUMEROUS log-ins for different subjects. I would hope in the future teachers would collaborate and use the same portal where all subjects are in one tight-knit area. Sort of like D2L. ;) Our students are growing up with this technology and it's up to us as educators to stay on top of the latest and continue learning and growing through training and various professional development.

No comments:

Post a Comment